Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Reading the Alphabet

Braylon is over three and a half years old now, and has begun to show interest in reading. He knows most of his letter sounds, and is always saying things like "I is for ice cream" or "D makes the sound..." So I thought "Why not start teaching him how to read?" That's the great thing about being a stay-at-home-mom, right....teaching them at their pace, and seeing them learn each day! What a blessing!

I found a curriculum online I really love called "Reading the Alphabet," so we started it this week. It includes things like counting, handwriting, reading, and we also add in a Bible Story. This week, he is working on reading T words, the sight word 'a', and all about David and Goliath. He LOVES working on things with me and is having fun so far! I only plan to do about 30 minutes with him, but he usually asks for MORE!

Here's a few snapshots of Braylon working on counting syllables, cutting pieces for a beginning sounds game we played, and a sight word maze. Wyatt wants to be involved to, so he colors with our color of the week, reads, and has a shape of the week we talk about too.





No comments:

Post a Comment