Sunday, October 19, 2014

Great Helper

My sweet Braylon can be a test of my patience sometimes, but he also can be so helpful and kind. Saturday morning, he willingly went back to help me hand out food again to the less fortunate families in Huntsville. He patiently waited for almost two hours as we signed in each person and waited for the food truck to arrive. When it finally did arrive, he helped me man the broccoli station. He was told to give two heads of broccoli to each family, so he grabbed his two, put them in peoples' bags, and kept going back for more for an hour and a half. I think it brought smiles to some of the their faces to be receiving their food from a little one.

We probably handed out food to twice as many families as we did last time! Onions, apples, broccoli, potatoes, squash, grapefruit, and cabbage were given away this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment