Friday, May 3, 2013

Krista's Baby Shower and Memorial Fish Fry

This past weekend, we all headed to Rockwall for my sister-in-law's baby shower and a first annual fish fry in honor of my Papa, who passed away a year ago on April 27th. It was a busy but fun weekend! Getting almost all the family together again felt like old times.  Papa would've loved it so hopefully we can keep this tradition going.

Granny with all but three grandkids.



It was cool to see the generational shift in roles. My brother and Jason frying fish and fries here, where it used to be Granny & Papa, Mom & Dad, and aunts and uncles.


Catching up with old friends
We had to get a shot of all the pregnant bellies, and what we're laughing about is too vulgar to share on here!  I'll just say it has something to do with "what got us into this mess."  On the left is my cousin Mandy and her husband, who are due in mid August with their first boy.  They already have FOUR GIRLS!  In the middle is my brother and his wife due on July 16th, with Brad and I on the right, due June 4th.
My Dad and his brother



All the great-grandkids except for four with four more on the way
 
 
The pictures below are from Krista's baby shower.  We did a "Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dogs' Tails" theme.  It was fun!  I could've sworn I had pictures of Krista, but I guess not....





 

No comments:

Post a Comment