Monday, July 24, 2017

My 33rd Birthday Surprise

The weekend of my 33rd birthday, I did as I usually do, nothing out of the ordinary. I got up and had my coffee, and made plans to get chores done around the house and grocery shop.  But before I could even get a shower, Darlene (aka Gramma Dar) came through the back door with sweet Brad following. My first thought was, "Geez, why didn't you tell me your mom was coming? I'm a hot mess." Then he said, "Go pack a bag! We're going to Lake Charles for your birthday!" I said, "Are you serious?" And so began a trip I'll never forget. Just for Brad to plan something that is not his cup of tea, and get out of his comfort zone all for me, was something so endearing and special to me.  How did I get so lucky?!? We had the best time gambling at the Golden Nugget, eating out, and sleeping in! It was a birthday I will never forget! I'm so grateful for the time with Brad and the effort he put into surprising me!

I also got to celebrate with my mom and sister! We had a good time eating at Fajita Jack's on Lake Conroe.

No comments:

Post a Comment