Saturday, April 18, 2015

Tornado Video Footage

Tornado struck our little neighborhood around 5:45 p.m. Thursday night. Brad hadn't even been in Cabo a full day when he got the news. Around 5 o'clock, I got an alert on my phone that we were under a tornado warning. I rounded up the boys and went inside not thinking much of it. I flipped on the t.v. and it said a storm capable of producing a tornado was on the north side of Huntsville and headed East at 15 mph. I played it safe and sat in the closet with the boys until about 5:30, when the warning expired and I thought the storm had passed. Not long after, I heard a LOUD gush of wind and the power was out. I knew it wasn't good. My heart was racing. I immediately grabbed the boys and took off for the bath tub.

Braylon was asking "why are the lights out?", and "why is the wind so loud?" My mind then went to Rollie, as I thought he was headed back to Huntsville, and to the dogs. I was panicking. I stuck my head out the back door and called for the dogs, only Gus came. Poor Hoss had to fend for himself as I already see a tree through our backporch roof.  The boys played in the bathtub unaware of the danger around us. Once it all passed, we went outside, found Hoss, surveyed the damage, and found Suzy and Tommy there to rescue us. Brad had called Suzy as I was texting him throughout the whole thing. Suzy's side of town only got a bunch of rain. We spent the night at their house and returned home the next day around 1p.m. when the power was back on and the roads were cleared. Again, I walked around surveying the damage and got a little emotional as to how lucky we were. So many trees were down and if one or two had fallen this way or that way, our whole home could have been destroyed. Thankfully, God protected us, our home, our animals, and all of our friendly neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment