Sunday, March 8, 2015

BRAYLON'S 4TH BIRTHDAY PARTY

The Lord blessed us with fair weather Saturday so Braylon's big birthday bash could go on as planned. It was a lot of fun, and I must say, this has definitely been my most favorite party to plan so far. And I LOVE planning parties. The How to Train Your Dragon theme was Braylon's choice and it turned out to be a fantastic one. He was not quite himself, as he had been sick the few days before, but he hung in there and enjoyed himself, too.

When the kids arrived, I gave them Viking face paint and they colored some cool paper Viking hats. Then "Dragon Training" began. They started off by playing "Ring of Fire" where they threw a dragon through a hoop. Next up, they roamed around the yard slaying  (pictures of) dragons with silly string. This was everyone's favorite! Then they did some dragon races with these stick dragons I made, and the big finale was "Sword Fighting" a swinging dragon pinata. Once their training was complete, they played in the yard while we prepared a hardy Viking feast....chicken legs (which were pretty darn tasty, if you ask me), meat and cheese skewers, fruit with dip, hummus with crackers and carrots, and a little bit of goldfish to snack on. I also made Braylon's favorite drink, sonic Ocean Water! As they ate, I awarded each kid for their valiant effort in training with their very own dragon to take home! They also got to take home some Viking shields. It was a great celebration for Braylon's 4th birthday, and all the kids had a blast.
























No comments:

Post a Comment