Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's a BOY!

So as most of you know by now, we had our gender ultrasound yesterday and found out we're having another boy.  But, what some of you may not know is how emotional it was for me.  It doesn't help being hormonal and extra sensitive during pregnancy, but I was actually very sad when I found out it wasn't going to be a girl.  Don't get me wrong, I feel very blessed with the miracle of life growing inside of me, and SUPER excited for Braylon to grow up with a brother.  But on the other hand, I dreamt of dressing up a little girl, teaching her to throw a ball like her mama did, braiding her hair, and decorating her room, and all those dreams were shattered.  I guess the Lord just has HIS plan for us all, and I am thankful He has given us the best gift I could ever ask for!

Today, I'm feeling much better about it all and cannot wait to meet the little guy!  I revealed the gender to some of my closest friends today by having them spray silly string.  Once they saw the blue string coming out, they shouted "IT'S A BOY"!  It was fun and exciting to see everyone's reaction.  I think they were all hoping for a girl too, but were still thrilled to find out it's a boy. :)


They voted for their favorite girl name and favorite boy name before the big reveal.

Angela, Patricia, and Hayley's reactions were priceless. 


Braylon got a kick out of the silly string!


Hudson was the winner.  Sorry honey, no one voted for "Barrett."  Even the ones who couldn't make it voiced their opinion, and they all liked Hudson the best...  We shall see what it will be in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment